Bytes for All (B4A), Pakistan is a human rights organization and a research think tank with a focus on Information and Communication Technologies (ICTs). We promote the use of technololgy for sustainable development, democracy and social justice
Please send in your Expression of Interest, along with your resume at hr[at]bytesforall.pk.
We are delighted to announce our regular Internship Program for young researchers, university students and fresh graduates from all over the world. For the moment, three internships will be offered each quarter.
This internship program will provide interns with the opportunities to learn about key issues, digital communication sphere is facing within Pakistan and also linking it with B4A’s ongoing work in the country. This work includes but not limited to Internet freedom, online freedom of expression, privacy rights, digital media, community informatics and women rights in cyberspace.
We anticipate that this internship program can help youngsters with much needed initial work experience, prepare for a degree dissertation and/or launching their professional career. It will also give them an insight into the day to day working and challenges faced by human rights organizations in Pakistan.
Each Intern will be supervised and mentored by one of the B4A staff team member or a senior researcher from within the B4A network and given a mutually agreed research topic or responsibilities commensurate with their future plans, experience at hand and interests.
Applicants should be able to demonstrate a strong interest in online freedom of expression and general human rights issues. The ideal candidate will also have excellent writing and analytical skills.
- Develop their internship/research proposal in consultation with their supervisor at B4A;
- Conduct cutting edge research on human rights, online freedom of expression, privacy rights and women rights in Pakistan;
- Publish and present the research at different forums;
- Help and contribute in drafting the reviews of human rights cases on B4A’s focused areas of work;
- Assist in updating website content and social media interfaces;
- Occasional help in events management;
- and Submit a detailed lessons sharing report to their supervisor at the end of their internship.
- Interns will be young researchers, university students or students approaching to the end of their program or fresh graduates between 19 and 25 years of age;
- No prior work experience;
- Good organizational and communications skills;
- Quick learner with keen nose for information;
- Ability to work independently and remotely;
- Creative, highly motivated and comfortable working on diverse human rights issues;
- Fluent in English; and
- Knowledge of Social Media tools.
Connect with us
You can connect with us via social media.